Who doesn’t want to enjoy freshly baked cupcakes, cookies, and bread? Mouthwatering baked treats are everyone’s favorite. We generally get these goodies either from a store or a bakery but have you ever tried making any of them at home, right in your kitchen? Have you ever had freshly baked muffins straight out of the oven, piping hot and fluffy?
Many of us don’t want to try baking at home because it requires quite a lot of preparation and often a tedious task, especially, if you’re not much into cooking.
Why not try something that’s quick and easy. Yes, the recipe I’m sharing today is one of the easiest and quickest vanilla cupcake recipes to try. And, the best thing is it tastes divine, bursting with flavors.
Last weekend, I baked yummylicious, hard to resist fluffy vanilla cupcakes. They were so good that we couldn’t take our hands off and within minutes all six cupcakes were gobbled down. Thankfully, I managed to capture some of the pictures of those mouthwatering muffins just to cherish how beautiful they looked – hot just out of the oven.
So, today, I’m sharing those clicks along with the very easy recipe for my vanilla muffins. It’s easy, quick, and so delicious you can’t resist making them at home. Try it and you will be surprised with the result.
But before I switch into the recipe straight away, I want to give you one quick baking tip that is often overlooked or skipped. Believe me, this tip can not only help you simplify the baking process but assures you a taste – perfectly awesome and divine.
And, the tip is – Always weigh the ingredients first and then use them in your recipe. Weighing the ingredients to accurate measurement is the most significant yet crucial aspect of baking and one can’t and shouldn’t compromise on this. It’s better if you use a weighing scale. If you don’t have one and use spoons and cups for measurement, always convert the grams or ounces into the number or portion of spoons and cups.
You see, how important weighing is for baking. Now, let’s quickly come to the recipe.
- Butter 55 gm
- Sugar 65 gm
- Egg 1 large
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- All purpose flour 98 gm
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon (level)
- Milk 60 mL (1/4 cup)
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 177 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- In another bowl, sieve together the flour and baking powder.
- To the wet ingredients, whisk in the flour and milk, alternating with each other, starting with flour and ending with flour. Mix everything but avoid overmixing the batter even if you see some lumps as overmixing causes the formation of gluten. This results in rubbery and hard cupcakes.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake molds and bake in a preheated oven for 17 to 20 minutes.
And, here you are…your yummy simple and easy vanilla cupcakes are ready to be grabbed.
Hope you like reading it and I’m sure you’ll love the taste and texture as they come out of the oven. Mine got finished within 15 minutes. Let’s see how long you’re gonna keep them safe 🙂
Happy Baking! Share the recipe if you like it.